Non State Actors and Local Authorities in Development
Strengthening Role and Capacity of Chinese Non State Actors towards rightful Inclusion in the Society of People with Mental Health Conditions
Non State Actors and Local Authorities in Development is a European Union initiative that aims at strengthening the capacity of civil society organisations and local authorities as a pre-condition for a more equitable and open society through support to their “own initiatives”.
Project Overall Objectives
To promote an inclusive and equitable society in China for people with mental health conditions.
To strengthen the role and capacity of Chinese NSAs development stakeholders in tackling health, social and economic needs of people with mental health conditions.
Estimated Project Results
● Provided integrated mental and physical treatment and care through primary care for people with mental health conditions.
● People with mental health conditions, members of Social Cooperatives acquire sufficient skills to manage income activities.
● Possibility for the people with mental health conditions and their family to advocate for their needs.
● People with mental health conditions and their family members are organized as a root Association at district level and are able to advocate for their needs.
● Promotion and sharing of best practices on community based mental health services within different Academic and Research Centers.
● Increased awareness of communities on the availability and functioning of community based psychiatric services.
Main Programme Activities
● Capacity building through seminars, training courses and visits
● Elaboration of a livelihood plan based on a Counselling programme to create social cooperatives at the district level
● Advocacy through Workshops and the establishment of Self Help Groups (SHGs) of mental health care users and their families
● Network and IEC Programme
Contact Details in the EU Delegation
Attaché – EU Cooperation