In the framework of the EIDHR Calls for Proposals that are planned in 2018, the European Commission organised two informal sessions, which took place on Thursday May 24 in Brussels. The sessions were attended by over 30 civil society organisations with the aim of exchanging ideas and providing feedback on the upcoming Calls.
The meeting was organised in three parts:
- General session for all participants with overarching remarks about the planned calls;
- Breakout sessions per proposed lot of the Global Call for Proposals:
- Lot 1: Support to LGBTI human rights defenders and their organisations working in areas where LGBTI persons are most at risk of discrimination.
- Lot 2: Supporting the fight against the death penalty.
- Lot 3: Supporting civic activism and participation by leveraging digital technologies.
- Presentation and discussion on the foreseen Human Rights Defenders Mechanism Call for Proposals
Useful documents: Notes from the sessions and presentation
Civil society organisations are welcome to submit further written comments before 14th June 2018 by sending an email to EuropeAid-EIDHR@ec.europa.eu, indicating in the title of the email the Call for Proposals and Lot that they refer to.