EURES in cross-border regions
- Crossborder partnership name
- EURES-TriRegio (CZ-DE-PL)
- Web Site
- Regions Covered
- EURES-TriRegio comprises the subregion of Jeleniogórsko-Wałbrzyski in the voivodship of Dolnośląskie in Poland, the districts of Ústí nad Labem, Karlovy Vary and Liberec in the Czech Republic and the administrative districts of Chemnitz and Dresden in the Free State of Saxony in Germany.
- Short Description
- Project sponsor / project participants:
The employment market partnership EURES –TriRegio consists of the public employment services, trade unions and employers’ organisations and covers parts of Saxony, Bohemia and Lower Silesia.
The project sponsor is DGB Bezirk Sachsen [Confederation of German Trade Unions, Saxony]. The project partners are the Regional Directorate for Saxony of the Bundesagentur für Arbeit [German Federal Employment Agency] (BA), the Employment Office of the voivodship of Lower Silesia and the Employment Offices of Ústí nad Labem, Liberec and Sokolov, the trade union NSZZ ‘Solidarność’ of the region of Jeleniogórski, the Trade Union Confederation of Bohemia and Moravia (ČMKOS), the Employers’ Association of Western Poland (FPPZ), the District Economic Chamber of Liberec and the Regional Economic Chamber of Egerland, the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic, the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy of the Republic of Poland and the Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung [Central Foreign and Specialist Placement Unit] (ZAV) of the Bundesagentur für Arbeit.
Duration of project:
The EURES –TriRegio cross-border partnership has been under preparation by the partners since the accession of Poland and the Czech Republic to the European Union in 2004 and was formally established on the signing of the framework agreement in October 2007. It ends on 31 May 2009. The forthcoming three-year support period starts on 1 June 2010.
Task/objective and implementation
The EURES –TriRegio cross-border partnership considers the integration of the employment and training markets in the three-country region to be its reason for existence. Its long-term objective is to promote the development of a common employment market while maintaining the existing employment and social standards of the respective countries.
For the time being, its activities are focussed on information, advice and placement as well as ensuring broad public access to information on working and living conditions and developing the cross-border exchange of vacancies. Supporting measures from the partner organisations aim to achieve greater transparency in the regional employment market. Workshops and expert forums are to foster a common understanding and identification of the need for action and the design of effective projects tailored to employment market requirements by the partner organisations.
One of the greatest barriers to worker mobility in the border area is the limited freedom of movement of Polish and Czech workers in Germany. Here too, the cross-border partnership sees the chance to communicate existing cross-border job opportunities by means of targeted information and thereby make an active contribution to opening up the potential for mobility.
At present, twelve EURES advisors are working in the public employment services in the EURES –TriRegio area. Of these, seven are in Saxony, two in the border area of Lower Silesia and three in the districts of Liberec, Ústí nad Labem and Karlovy Vary. They ensure that there is a basic supply of EURES services in the border region.
Thus, since 2007, cross-border advice days have been held in turn in the various EURES –TriRegio areas, offering appointments with and tailored advice from the EURES advisors working in the cross-border region. These are supplemented by public-focussed information events on working and living conditions as well as annual job fairs and recruitment days involving regional employers.
In addition, the public employment services, trade unions and employers’ associations in the region are already setting up themed and targeted workshops and expert forums involving external players from industry and research.
The aim is to establish a supply of information and advice throughout the border area. In doing so, the presence of skilled advisors from the public employment services and contacts in the trade unions and employers’ associations is of key importance.
The EURES –TriRegio cross-border partnership aims to pool the different skills of the partner organisations and, as experts in the region, to act as a contact point for various players. The further development and provision of up-to-date, targeted information and services enables it to contribute to the transparency of the cross-border employment market and stimulate mobility in the border area.
Action in future years will focus on:
- expanding the existing EURES advisor network throughout the region and establishing more contacts both in the public employment services and in the social partners’ organisations in the border area
- provision and development of up-to-date, targeted information and advice for employers, employees, self-employed persons, trainees and students
- development of a fair mobility initiative in the three-country region
- development of an initiative to raise demand for skilled workers
- Ministerstvo práce a sociálních věcí / Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic (MPSV CR)
- Ministerstwo Pracy i Polityki Społecznej / Ministry of Labour and Social Policy of the Republic of Poland
- Regional Directorate for Saxony of the Bundesagentur für Arbeit [German Federal Employment Agency]
- Českomoravská konfederace odborových svazů (ČMKOS) / Trade Union Confederation of Bohemia and Moravia
- NSZZ ‘Solidarność’ Region Jeleniogórski / trade union NSZZ ‘Solidarność’ of the region of Jelenia Góra
- Deutscher Gewerkschaftsbund (DGB) Bezirk Sachsen / Confederation of German Trade Unions, Saxony
- Uřad Práce v Sokolově / Sokolov Employment Office
- Uřad Práce v Liberci / Liberec Employment Office
- Uřad Práce v Ustí nad Labem / Ustí nad Labem Employment Office
- Dolnośląski Wojewódzki Urząd Pracy (DWUP) w Wałbrzychu / Lower Silesia Employment Office in Wałbrzych
- Krajská hospodářská komora Liberec / District Economic Chamber of Liberec
- Regionální hospodářská komora Poohří / Regional Economic Chamber of Poohří
- Federacja Pracodawców Polski Zachodniej (FPPZ) / Employers’ Association of Western Poland
- Sebastian Klähn
- Address: IGR Elan e.V., Schützenplatz 14, DE - 01063 Dresden
- Telephone: +49 (0)351 863 31 16
- Fax: +49 (0)351 863 31 58
- E-mail address: email@example.com