Hovedstad (Capital) region (Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Frederikesborg and Roskilde) (DK) and Skåne (SV)
The crossborder partnership was set up in 1997. It is involved in activities to help crossborder workers and students, as well as employers who wish to recruit labour from the other side of the Øresund (the strait between the two countries).
The partnership has:
- established a network of Euroadvisors who have been given specific training and are located on either side of the Øresund; they provide information, advice and placement services to jobseekers, crossborder workers and employers interested in crossborder work or recruitment;
- helped set up 4 labour market information offices in the Øresund region: 2 in Skåne and the 2 others in the Hovedstad region. In these offices, officials from the two employment services work together, with access to the vacancy databases of both regions;
- organised information seminars for jobseekers and employers;
- drawn up information documents on specific themes of interest to crossborder workers (welfare cover, tax system, labour law, recognition of diplomas and qualifications, living conditions, etc.);
- prepared a manual for crossborder workers that answers a series of practical questions of interest to the crossborder workers of the Øresund region;
- provided links on its Internet site to databases with information on opportunities for crossborder vocational training;
- performed a comparative study of the existing differences between job descriptions in the building industry in Sweden and Denmark - other sectors such as healthcare and education to follow soon.
The documents, studies and other information are all available on the partnership’s Internet site.
- Arbejdsmarkedsstyrelsen - AMS (Danish National Labour Market Authority);
- Arbejdsformidlingen - AF (Danish regional public employment service) for the Greater Copenhagen, Frederiksborg and Roskilde regions;
- Arbestsförmedlingerna - AF (Swedish public employment service);
- Länsarbetsnämden - LAN (Swedish County Labour Board - Skåne delegation);
- Øresund Interregional Trade Union Council;
- Svenska Arbetsgivarförening - SAF (Swedish Employers' Confederation);
- Dansk Arbejdsgiverforening - DA (Danish Employers' Confederation);
- Funktionærernes og Tjenestemændenes Fællesråd - FTF (Danish Salaried Employees' and Civil Servants' Confederation);
- Tjänstemannens Centralorganisation - TCO (Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees);
- Akademikernes Centralorganisation - AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations);
- Sveriges Akademikers Centralorganisation - SACO (Swedish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Morten Hjorth Jahnsen
Address: Work in Denmark East, Gyldenløvsgade 11, DK - 1600 Copenhagen