The Meuse-Rhine cross-border region (Euregio) includes the south of the Dutch province of Limburg, the Belgian provinces of Limburg and Liège, the Belgian German-speaking community and the Aachen region in Germany.
EURES Meuse-Rhine was founded in 1993. The goal of this cross-border partnership is to increase the mobility of employees and work seekers in the euregio and dismantle obstacles to mobility. The partners perform a range of activities and offer, amongst other things:
- cross-border job-search service, job placements
- advice and support for job-seekers in the border region
- advice and support for employers in the cross-border recruitment of staff
- information about living and working conditions in the cross-border region
- information about vocational training
- Information for cross-border workers on social security, taxes and labour law.
- labour market analysis.
- Regional-level public employment services : Arbeitsagentur Aachen-Düren, FOREM, VDAB, ADG and UWV;
- Interregional Trade Union Council Meuse-Rhine;
- Chambers of Commerce in the Euregio Border region employers' associations : (SWE);
- Stichting Euregio Meuse-Rhine, associating the Belgian provinces of Limburg and Liège, the german speaking community of Belgium, the Dutch province of Limburg and the region of Aachen;
- Grenzinfopunkt (cross-border information point)Consultancy Office for cross-border workers