EURES cross-border partnerships
- Crossborder partnership name
- P.E.D. (BE-FR-LUX)
- Web Site
- Regions Covered
- Province of Luxembourg (Belgium), Lorraine (France), Luxembourg
- Short Description
This European Development Pole was created in 1985 with a view to reviving the frontier regions affected by the recession in the steel industry. The area covered by this cross-border EURES/EDP partnership, which was established in 1993, is characterised by large-scale transfrontier worker movements, especially in the direction of Luxembourg. A network of specially trained euroadvisers was set up on either side of the border to provide information, advice and placement services to job-seekers, cross-border workers and employers interested in transfrontier activities or recruitment.
The most notable of the many activities undertaken concerned:
- collaboration between the national employment services, particularly through the extraction and dissemination of vacancy information from the EURES data base and the establishment of cross-border workshops for job-seekers;
- seminars for trade union representatives concerning social consultation and existing legislation in the EDP;
- cross-border meetings for heads of companies and human resource managers;
- analysis of the qualification and training requirements of firms in the EDP basin and employment forecasts;
- preparation of information brochures on specific topics of interest to cross-border workers (social security benefits, tax system, labour law, recognition of diplomas and qualifications, living conditions, etc)
- collection and analysis of data relating to the transfrontier labour market and cross-border worker movements;
- cooperation between euroadvisers and partner organisations to identify obstacles to mobility and propose suitable solutions.
- Conseil Régional de Lorraine (Lorraine Regional Council).
- Le Ministère luxembourgeois du Travail et de l'Emploi (Luxembourg Ministry of Labour and Employment).
- Office Communautaire et Régional de la Formation professionnelle et de l'Emploi (FOREM)(Community and Regional Vocational Training and Employment Office, Arlon subregional division).
- Agence Nationale Pour l'Emploi (ANPE) (National Employment Agency), Lorraine Regional Delegation.
- Administration de l'Emploi (ADEM) du Grand-Duché du Luxembourg (Grand Duchy of Luxembourg employment service).
- InterRégionale Syndicale du PED (IRS-PED), (EDP interregional trades union association covering 7 unions in 3 countries).
- Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie du Luxembourg Belge (CCILB - Belgian Luxembourg Chamber of Trade and Industry)
- Féderation des Industriels Luxembourgeois (FEDIL - Federation of Luxembourg Industry)
- MEDEF (Mouvement des Entreprises de France - French Enterprise Movement).
- Centre d'Etudes de Populations, de Pauvreté et de Politiques Socio-Economiques (Population, Poverty and Socioeconomic Policy Studies Centre)/International Networks for Studies in Technology, Environment, Alternatives, Development (CEPS/INSTEAD) of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
- Centre de Ressources et de Documentation des EURES Transfrontaliers de Lorraine (CRD EURES Lorraine) (Lorraine Cross-border EURES Resources and Documentation Centre).
- Nicolas Brizard
- Address: Coordination EURES PED, 1 Place du Pont à Seille, FR - 57000 Metz
- Telephone: +33 (0)3 87 39 35 27
- Fax: +33 (0)3 87 21 06 88
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org