EURES cross-border partnerships
- Crossborder partnership name
- EuresChannel (BE-FR-UK)
- Web Site
- Regions Covered
- EuresChannel covers the Belgian district Western Flanders and Hainaut, the French region Nord/Pas-de-Calais and Kent in the UK.
- Short Description
- EuresChannel is the first EURES cross-border region, which was established. The partnership between Hainault, Nord/Pas-de-Calais and West Flanders has been existing since 1991. It was joined by Kent in 1992.
Economically and strategically this is an important area, thanks to the TGV, the ferries and the Channel Tunnel. The partnership undertook various activities designed to help people who wish to work or follow training on the other side of the border. Moreover it supports employers who are interested in cross-border recruitment. The partnership has established a network of trained Euresadvisers, who provide information and advice for jobseekers and employers.
The partnership-activities are:
- facilitating access to "national services",
- organising workshops for job seekers and provides information sessions for frontier workers,
- facilitating the exchange of job offers and applications,
- providing information on living and working conditions in the four regions,
- supporting a training policy which aims at facilitating cross-border mobility,
- exchanging best practice,
- providing key figures for employers and information on labour costs and important legislation.
- EuresChannel is a network that rests on the voluntary co-operation of its constituting members.
In the same way as the regions concerned have their own different language and culture, the partnership that forms EuresChannel is very diversified:
- the public employment services of the regions Nord/Pas-de-Calais, West-Flanders, Hainaut and Kent: ANPE, FOREM, VDAB and South Kent College appointed by Employment Services of Kent.
- the Interregional Trade Union Council that groups the trade unions from the 4 regions: Hainaut, Nord/Pas-de-Calais, West-Flanders and Kent: ABVV, FGTB, ACV, CSC, CFDT, FO, CGT and TUC.
- The employers' organisations from the 4 regions: UCM, Cité et Entreprises and UNIZO Regio Kortrijk
- Inge Peeraer
- Address: Koning Albert I-laan 1.2, BE - 8020 Sint-Michiels, Bruges
- Telephone: +32 474840043
- Fax: +32 50 34 42 39
- E-mail address: email@example.com