The 12th meeting of the Thematic Network on Simplification took place in Hamburg on 6-7 June 2019. It involved 87 representatives from 25 Member States including Managing Authorities, Audit Authorities as well as stakeholders and the European Commission (DG EMPL and DG REGIO). The meeting was hosted by the State Ministry of Labour, Social and Family Affairs and Integration – Hamburg.
On the basis of the collaboration between authorities, the meeting aimed to achieve the following outcomes and objectives:
- Present the outcomes of the survey on ‘proportionate control’ and discuss how verifications carried out in application of national procedures could work in practice
- Present the TN Guides on ‘SCO’ and ‘ex-ante assessment’
- Discuss practices and implications of result-based approaches and set up a preliminary discussion on Social Impact Bonds
- Provide an overview of Simplified Cost Options available under other Union Policies
- Assess the options for a wider uptake of EU level SCOs
- Discuss the practical implementation of the key provisions for simplification for the 2021-2027 period, with particular (but not exclusive) attention to the simplified forms of reimbursement/financing
- Capitalise on the main achievements of the Thematic Network and reflect on the structure and functioning of the network for the next years.
The agenda of the meeting is available here.
Next meeting will take place in Tallinn, Estonia on 15-16 October 2019.
All presentations are available on the ESF Transnational Platform online library (restricted access only to TN participants)