university research assistant


University research assistants conduct academic research for the university or college they are employed in. They may assist professors they are affiliated with, their supervisor, in their research or develop their own in the related field of that professor.

Alternative label

  • higher education research assistant

  • university research support worker

  • university research associate

  • higher education assistant researcher

  • university assistant

  • university research support

  • assistant researcher in higher education

  • research assistant in university

  • research associate in higher education

  • university research technology specialist

  • university research technology expert

  • university research technologist

  • assistant researcher in university

  • university research technician

  • higher education research associate

  • research associate in university

  • university research aide

Regulatory aspect

To see if and how this occupation is regulated in EU Member States, EEA countries or Switzerland please consult the Regulated Professions Database of the Commission. Regulated Professions Database:


Essential skills and competences

Essential Knowledge

Optional skills and competences

Optional Knowledge



Concept URI