The Taiwan Institute of Economic Research, Research Division II (TIER) visited the ESCO team of the European Commission on the 23rd of October 2017. The mission of TIER is to do research on domestic and foreign macroeconomics and industrial economics in order to advise the Taiwanese government and enterprises and to promote Taiwan’s economic development.
The aim of the current visit was to understand better how ESCO works andhow it was developed, as TIER is interested in developing in their country a classification similar to ESCO, by using a comparable methodology, composition and development approach.
The delegation was composed by Tier's Director Mr Chang, Chien-Yi, by Assistant Research fellows Ms Lee Chia Yi, Ms Lin Hung-Yuand Ms Lo Yu-Mei, and by Ms Ou Yang Ling, interpreter.
The Commission presented the ESCO classification and its main features and milestones. The Taiwanese delegation had also the opportunity to get answers about :
- The evolution of occupations and skills nowadays;
- How ESCO takes into account the digitilisation of the labour market;
- Information about the development of ESCO;
- The use of ESCO in EURES;
- The qualifications' pillar of ESCO;
- The methodology and process to develop, validate and quality assure ESCO;
- The use of Dig Com and e-CF as sources to ESCO.