A high-level delegation from the Skills Development Division of the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) visited the ESCO team of the European Commission on the 23rd of June. WDA is a Government Statutory Board, which aims to develop a competitive workforce and help workers advance in their careers and lives by developing and strengthening skills-based training for adults.
The delegation was composed by the Director, the Chief Skills Officer, the Principal Manager, a senior specialist and a specialist from the Skills Development Division, the Director of the Training Partners Development Division, the Deputy Director of the SkillsFuture Division and a professor from the SIM University of Singapore.
The Singapore delegation informed the Commission about the development of the Singapore Skills Framework (SSF). The Commission presented the ESCO classification and its main milestones. The Singapore delegation had also the opportunity to get answers about the vision of ESCO and its development, such as:
- - The strategy to drive adoption of ESCO;
- - The lessons learnt from the pilot roll out of ESCO;
- - The components/ pillars of ESCO and how they relate to each other;
- - The methodology and process to develop, validate and quality assure ESCO;
- - The future updates of ESCO.