Rachel joined the EPSC as Editor in September 2015, after serving in the European Commission's Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport for three years, where she was in charge of setting up a new 920 million euro public-private partnership to boost research and innovation in the railway sector (the 'Shift2Rail Joint Undertaking').
Prior to that, Rachel worked for five years as a strategic consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), providing policy advice to public sector organisations. Her main focus was on mobility, energy, innovation, and regional development.
She also worked for close to three years as a journalist and news editor for the leading EU-specialised online media EurActiv, from 2006 to end 2008.
- Policy Officer, DG MOVE, European Commission, 2013-2016
- Manager, Public Sector consulting, PwC, 2008-2013
- Journalist & News Editor, EurActiv.com, 2006-2008
- MA in political economics, University of Leuven (BE), 2003
- MA in international relations, MA in international relations, 2002