'Intro to assistive technology to support reading difficulties'
- What is assistive technology (AT).
- Advice on using your computer well to make the best use of your Assistive Technology.
- About free reading features/programs on the iPad and for Windows
- About how to get your phone to capture and read text aloud from hard copy of text
- About the reading pens proposed for use in state exams.
- Apps on the iPad to help with reading and capturing text.
- To use the reading support features in Read & Write literacy support software.
- How to create sound files of learning materials.
- How to get access to electronic learning materials and texts.
UCC Brookfield Health Science Complex Room 243
Tickets are €5 and booking is on Eventbrite