Participatory video method combines actions aimed at social change with filmmaking.
It is based on group work, where each member learns the technical aspects of filmmaking and recording in order to make their own movies. However, the true value of this method lies in the fact that each particular group becomes the subject, its individual and social function is amplified, self-confidence boosted, etc.
THE WORKSHOP IS ADDRESSED TO:
- professionals working with any types of groups
- social researchers
- social services and NGOs' workers
- authors, artists and educators
- therapists, psychologists
- gain theoretical knowledge about Participatory Video
- gain basic knowledge about realisation of audiovisual production
- learn how to manage audiovisual equipment
- understand the process of leading the group and how to identificate the roles in the group as well as how to strengthen and encourage the participants
- gain an ability to understand and react to signals from group regarding
needs, possibilities and attitudes
Program: Participatory video
Cotopaxi Workshop Film Association - a non-profit organization established in 2008 in Warsaw (Poland). The main goals of Association is to promote culture, particularly in the area of film, knowledge and science, to form the attitude to civil responsibility and also to support NGOs in Poland and abroad by promoting their activity in audiovisual form.
We achieve our goals by creating the audiovisual materials and organizing workshops, conferences and reviews. The Association provides projects in collaboration with schools, social assistance centers, support centers for disabled people. Our projects are also cofinanced by national grants. Members of Cotopaxi implement social policy in their professional work, including active involvement in Institution of Social Policy at the University of Warsaw.