EPALE UK are excited to launch our first ‘EPALE UK Star Supporter’ Competition! This competition is open to all UK individuals and organisations working in the field of adult education.
Adult learning provides the tools for people to influence their environment and, according to UNESCO, helps to ‘make them healthier’. Adult learners develop greater confidence through their learning, which helps them to access and understand information, systems and support, as well as participate in groups and networks, which facilitate healthier lifestyles.
Learning and Work Institute, “Learning, Work and Health: the next 70 years”, Oct. 2018
For your chance to win a £100 voucher, submit a blog post on the theme of ‘Health, Wellbeing and Adult Learning’. The blog post that gains the most ‘likes and comments’ on the platform will win! All submitted content will be featured on a dedicated page on EPALE and will be available to read to adult education practitioners across Europe! If you need some inspiration on what your blog can cover why not read our thematic support document where you can also find some top tips on how you can promote your content.
Sound good? Here are some specifics:
- Open date to submit content: 11am on 25 March – 11am on 20 May 2019 (UK time)
Open date for content likes and comments: from 9am on 22 May to 4pm on 6 June 2019 (UK time) Voting is open now! See the Competition entries here to have your say!
- Who is eligible?: Entries can be submitted by individual adult education practitioners (i.e. anyone working in the adult education sector, such as teachers, trainers, volunteers and researchers) over the age of 18 years and by organisations involved in the adult education sector.
- Prize: £100 voucher and you will be invited to the EPALE UK Annual Conference taking place in Oct/Nov 2019. The winner’s content will be identified as ‘EPALE UK Star Supporter’ content and will be translated into other EU languages to disseminate to a wider audience.
- Support: Read the 'Thematic Support' document for inspiration and to get some top tips on how to promote your content:
How to enter:
- Read the Terms & Conditions and the Privacy Statement.
- Complete the blog post template with your content and use the checklist at the bottom of the template to ensure you've included all the essential information.
- Complete the Consent Form.
- Submit your completed blog post template and Consent Form to email@example.com, using the email subject: "EPALE UK Star Supporter" between 11am (GMT) on 25 March 2019 and 11am (GMT) on 20 May 2019.
- Promote your content to gain likes and comments on the platform between 9am on 22 May 2019 and 4pm on 6 June 2019 to win!
Look at our Facebook live event
from 25 March 2019 which launched the competition!
Make sure you submit your content by 11am (GMT) on 20 May 2019 for your chance to win!
Don’t forget - only likes and comments made on the platform between 22 May and 6 June 2019 will be eligible towards the competition count!