The fourth Reimagining Further Education Conference will focus on the theme #FESpeaks and will reimagine FE policy and practice. The speakers will instead be referred to as ‘provocateurs’ – when they finish speaking, delegates will form groups and the real discussion will begin; as such, the biggest questions will be asked in this format, with the groups attempting to answer with innovative approaches. The event is ideal for educators, and education researchers and leaders.
When booking tickets, delegates must select a single working group to join for both the morning and the afternoon – this allows for the building of strong partnerships and aligned approaches to identifying and breaking down barriers. Working groups include:
- Celebrating 100 years of adult learning: what’s next?
- The future of HE in FE
- Critical perspectives on digital technology
- GCSE Maths and English resits: reimagining pedagogy and assessment
- ‘Quality’ in FE: from fear to faith
- Offender learning: finding out collective voice
- Reclaiming the joy of teaching
- Effective employer engagement: strategies and development of guiding principles
- Creating a manifesto for quality in FE-based research & scholarship
- Coaching and mentoring: performance management or professional learning?
Those convening the groups are education professionals from a range of backgrounds, including learning coaches, leading practitioners, teacher educators, tutors and lecturers.
Date: Tuesday 2 July 2019
Location: Birmingham City University, Curzon Building, 4 Cardigan Street, Room C192, Birmingham, B4 7BD
Ticket price: £53.89
There are 20 free tickets available, courtesy of the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) for practitioners involved in teaching or training within Adult Community Learning or Offender Learning. There are more free tickets for practitioners from any area of FE sector who cannot gain funding from their employer to attend the conference.
More information can be found on the event wordpress site.
Tea and coffee breaks and lunch are included in the ticket price.