The 2019 edition of The Adult Learner Journal in Cork City Hall on Tuesday 18th of June.
Founded in the mid-1980s, The Adult Learner is the only peer-reviewed Irish Journal of Adult and Community Education that engages with issues across the spectrum of adult learning, both in Ireland and on an international level.
The Adult Learner 2019 focuses on changes in the field of adult, further and community education over the past 50 years.
- Editorial Comment - Rosemary Moreland, Editor
- Guest Foreword: Editing The Adult Learner 1985–2003 - Liam Bane, former editor
Section 1 – Perspectives on Community and Lifelong Learning
- 50 Years of AONTAS: Developments in the Field of Adult Education in Ireland as Reflected in the Contents of The Adult Learner and its Antecedent Journals - Barry Golding, Jack Harvey
- Reclaiming University Adult Education: A Freirian Approach to Widening Participation and Tackling Educational Inequality - Rosemary Moreland, Erik Cownie
- Existentialist Theory in the Pedagogy of Paulo Freire: Its Implications for Adult Education Policy and Practice in Ireland - Alex McKillican
- A Tale of a Discursive Shift: Analysing EU Policy Discourses in Irish Adult Education Policy – From the White Paper to the Further Education and Training Strategy - Denise Shannon
- Transforming the Lives of Early Childhood Teachers, Autistic Children and their Families: Findings and Recommendations from an Evaluation of a Programme of Continuing Professional Development - Emer Ring, Lisha O'Sullivan, Suzanne O'Keefe, Fiona Ferris, Eugene Wall
- The National Further Education and Training (FET) Learner Forum: the Benefits and Challenges of Transforming Learner Voice into Policy Change - Leah Dowdall, Edel Sheerin, Niamh O’Reilly
Section 2 – Book and Policy Reviews
- Policy Review: UK Strategy for Transforming Later Lives - Brian Dooney
- Policy Review: A Review of ‘Digital Transformation: Assessing the Impact of Digitalisation on Ireland’s Workforce’ - Katherine Griffin
- Book Review: Access and Participation in Irish Higher Education - Bairbre Fleming
- The Adult Learner Journal 2020