The 7th EU Presidency Conference of Lifelong Guidance Policy and Practice was organised in the framework of the European Guidance Week on 27-28.09.2017 by the Foundation Innove, Cedefop and Estonian Ministry of Education and Research. The conference panels and selected sessions of the conference were live-streamed on this page. Now the video recordings from the live-stream are uploaded here for you to watch.
27th of September 2017
- Day 1 - opening words
- How Estonia is Building the Partnerships, Bridges and Spaces Necessary to Implement a Lifelong Guidance Strategy? Mr. Mart LAIDMETS, Estonian Ministry of Education and Research
- Cedefop Activity in Enhancing the Role of Lifelong Guidance Mr. Joachim James CALLEJA, Cedefop
- Lifelong Guidance Policy Agenda in Europe Ms. Alison CRABB, European Commission
- Lifelong Guidance as a Catalyst for Crafting, Steering and Managing Career Pathways and Transitions - Making the Best of Technology's Potential Mr. Raimo VUORINEN, University of Jyväskylä
- Panel discussion: Developing Integrated Lifelong Guidance Policy in Europe
Mr. William O'KEEFFE, European Commission
Ms. Susanne KRAATZ, Seconded National Expert at the European Parliament
Mr. Pedro MORENA DA FONSECA, Cedefop
Mr. Mika LAUNIKARI, Finnish National Agency for Education, Euroguidance Finland
Mr. Margus TÕNISSAAR, Foundation Innove, Agency for Lifelong Guidance
- Celebration of Euroguidance 25th birthday
- Session A: Integrated, Lifelong Support moderated by Mr. Raimo VUORINEN
This session was expected to generate a reflection over challenges and measures to achieve integrated services that can provide lifelong career guidance and counselling support to individuals.
- Session E: Competence of Practitioners moderated by Ms. Jaana KETTUNEN
This session was expected to generate a reflection over challenges and measures to improve the competences, attitudes and knowledge in a new age of practice, characterised by complex labour markets and quick technological development.
28th of September
- Day 2 - opening words
- Conclusions from Day 1
- Minutes of stillness
- Overview of Key Developments in the Use of ICT in Lifelong Guidance Mr. Raimo VUORINEN and Ms. Jaana KETTUNEN, University of Jyväskylä
- Initiatives to Develop ICT and LMI Capacity and Transferability of Practices Mr. Pedro MORENO DA FONSECA, Cedefop
- Session I: Labour market information toolkit moderated by Ms. Stephanie DEVISSCHER, Cedefop research team
The session piloted an online dynamic platform for practitioners highlighting the importance of LMI and the use of ICT tools including definitions, examples, methods, national LMI sources, selected ways of LMI integration as well as information on the necessary LMI skills.
Ms. Martina NÍ CHEALLAIGH, European Commission
Mr. Pedro MORENO DA FONSECA, Cedefop
Ms. Jenny BIMROSE, Warwick University
Mr. Mart LAIDMETS, Estonian Ministry of Education and Research
Ms. Jennifer MCKENZIE, National Centre for Guidance in Education, Euroguidance Ireland
- Pleanary conclusions Mr. Mart LAIDMETS, Estonian Ministry of Education and Reserch
- Thank you session to all contributors
Estonian Ministry of Education and Research, Cedefop and Foundation Innove held the European Guidance Week 2017 in Tallinn on 26-29.09.2017. The event was planned for the Estonia´s Presidency of the Council of the European Union in autumn 2017.
The overall theme of the event was innovative information and communication technologies (ICT) and future co-operation in the field of lifelong guidance. The aims were to:
- share innovative ICT practices;
- disseminate tools and initiatives to support the development of ICT capacity of lifelong guidance, and
- facilitate future cooperation at European level.
The programme started on Tuesday, 26th September and ended on Friday, 29th September, and it included:
- The meeting of CareersNet (Cedefop) experts on 26th September;
- The meeting of EmployID partners on 26th-27th September;
- 7th EU presidency conference of lifelong guidance policy on 27th-28th September;
- Euroguidance Network meeting on 29th September.
To identify current trends and points of interest the University of Jyväskylä in collaboration with Cedefop and Euroguidance Estonia have carried out a mapping survey on the use of ICT and the recent progress of co-operation mechanisms in lifelong guidance.