Literacy Week in Europe starts on International Literacy Day (8 September) and ends on the 17 September 2015 with an event for high-level influencers in Brussels.
- Date: September 17th 2015
- Time: 14:00-18:00
- Place: Bronks Youth Theatre
- Address: Rue du Marché aux Porcs 15-17, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Our dream is that every European citizen can read and write well enough to fully and independently participate in society. The aim of Literacy Week is to organize events throughout Europe to raise awareness for this dream and to start acting on it.
The Closing Event will look back on the events of Literacy Week, but will also look ahead at how to realize this dream.
We are excited to announce contributions from the following high-level speakers:
- Mr Tibor Navracsics, European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport
- Mrs Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility
- Mrs Barbara Bush, Founder Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
- H.R.H. Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, UNESCO Special Envoy on Literacy for Development
Furthermore the program includes contributions from visionary experts, a Learner Ambassador, and the award ceremony for the 2015 Literacy Week Innovation Award. As an important stakeholder in this field we look forward to welcoming you at this inspiring, action-oriented event.
We would kindly ask you to register for the celebration in Brussels by September 10th at the latest. You will receive confirmation of your registration via email. To register and for more information please visit the conference website: www.literacyweek.eu/registration