/epale/en/file/literacy-discussion-epale-ebsnLiteracy Discussion EPALE EBSN
As part of EPALE’s September focus on adult literacy, we would like to hear your views on what literacy skills adults need and what the success factors are for an effective national policy in this field.
The discussion is open to everyone and will take place on this page between 4-7 September 2017. It will be moderated by EPALE’s Thematic Coordinator for Life Skills, David Mallows in collaboration with our partners from the European Basic Skills Network (EBSN). This is a very lively discussion which is taking place over several pages. To go to the second page click here. To go directly to the third page of discussion click here. Please make sure that you have perused all the discussion.
Feel free to comment or share your opinion on any of the following questions:
What kind of literacy skills do adults need in Europe in 2017?
- What do we mean when we talk about 'adult literacy'? How does literacy relate to other basic skills?
- What is the place of literacy in the context of Upskilling Pathways?
- What needs improvement in literacy teaching and learning?
What are the success criteria for effective national policy in this field?
- What are the main challenges (in your context) in supporting adults to improve their literacy?
- How can we ensure that adequate investment is made in adult literacy education?
**The discussion has now been closed. You can still browse and read the community's comments.