ELMO - Enhancing Learning Motivation
Project Number: 2018-1-DE02-KA204-005049
Project period: 01.11.18 - 31.10.2020
Learning is a social, emotional and cognitive process. While the last is most strongly emphasized in many classrooms, the other two aspects are sometimes even ignored. However, we believe that the social and emotional processes of learning are the crucial part to increase motivation to learn.
Since, in our opinion, teachers play a key role in influencing their students' motivation and learning outcomes, we see a need for professional development of teachers, especially in the context of disadvantaged learners.
If social and emotional processes in learning are examined more closely, opportunities arise for teachers to break through negative attitudes and build bridges between different learning cultures. Therefore, with our training courses and the resources we are developing, we want to enable multipliers to face challenges in their educational work with socially disadvantaged and low-skilled learners.
Our teacher training courses focus on increasing the learners' motivation to learn, with a special focus on the role of emotions in the classroom to finally enable learners to enjoy lifelong learning.
By working together at European level, it is possible to look beyond the traditional understanding of learning and teaching in each country. The following outputs will be developed for this purpose:
3 trainings for multipliers to generate new resources:
- Emotions in learning, learning atmosphere
- Social learning, creation of a "safe space" in the classroom, group dynamics, commitment to the teacher
- Cognitive Learning, Brain-Friendly Learning
- Intercultural competence, sensitivity for different learning cultures
-Development of a social and emotional approach to teaching
-Handbook for multipliers (60-100 pages) in English and languages of partner countries
-increase the motivation to learn and enjoy lifelong learning
- Lietuvos suaugusiuju svietimo asociacija, umbrella organisation of Lithuanian adult education in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Eesti Vabaharidusliit Mtu, Estonian Adult Education Association in Tallinn, Estonia
- Federación Española de Universidades Populares (FEUP), Spanish Association of Adult Education Centres in Madrid, Spain
- Knowledge Association Lovech, NGO from Lovech, Bulgaria
- Narlidere Oguzhan Ortaokulu, secondary school in Izmir, Turkey
- Stephansstift Centre for Adult Education in Hannover, Germany (coordinating institution)