Picture: The VPL Biennale
The VPL Biennale is about Validation of Prior Learning-systematics for lifelong learning, working and living. It’s about sharing experiences, information, knowledge, ideas and visions on VPL as an essential part of lifelong learning. And it is about the creative process of recognising each other’s successes, problems and solutions in ‘the global VPL-community’.
The 3rd VPL Biennale, a two day conference of Validation of Prior Learning for education and the labour market, took place on May 7 and 8, 2019 in Berlin, Germany. EPALE was there and interviewed some of the keynote speakers!
VPL Biennale aims at strengthening the platform for policy makers, practitioners, users, researchers and other stakeholders that are involved in further developing & implementing validation of prior learning.
- Skills development in the working life - the Balance model, interview with Tormod Skjerve
- Mapping Pathways to Employment - Skilllab, interview with Ulrich Scharf
- Labour market integration of migrants, interview with Ramona Lopez
- Validation concept for the Swedish Adult Education Association, interview with Göran Hellmalm
- An e-portfolio for lifelong learning, interview with Marloes Smit
- Competency testing through MYSKILLS, interview with Michael van der Cammen
- How to calculate the cost of VPL?, interview with An De Coen
- The VPL legal foundation in the Faroe Islands – how to establish a national VPL system, interview with John Dalsgard