This high-level event, organised in conjunction with the Directorate-General for the Environment of the European Commission and the Committee of the Regions, will see the launch of the Zero Pollution Stakeholder Platform with its selected members and observers. The launch event will take place virtually from 10:00 to 12:30 CET on Thursday 16 December 2021.
- environmental protection
- Διαθέσιμη ζωντανή μετάδοση
- Γενική Διεύθυνση Περιβάλλοντος
This event will feature interventions by high-level representatives from the European Commission and the Committee of the Regions and the European Commission, who will set the scene and present the objectives for the Stakeholder Platform.
The members of the new Stakeholder Platform will meet for the first time to start developing their work programme for 2022-2024. The European Commission launched the platform together with the European Committee of the Regions.
The Zero Pollution Stakeholder Platform will help deliver on the flagship initiatives and actions set out in the Zero Pollution Action Plan by:
- bringing together actors from different communities and areas of expertise to tackle inter-related challenges, e.g. strengthening a joint environment and health agenda;
- defining a common vision on how to achieve zero pollution objectives;
- developing and sharing good practices on cross-cutting topics, and creating thematic hubs like the Clean Air Tech Hub.
The Platform will also establish synergies with other relevant initiatives, such as the European Climate Pact and the Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform.
- Patrick Child, Deputy Director General of DG Environment of the European Commission
- Marieke Schouten, Member of the European Committee of the Regions
- Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission
- Apostolos Tzitzikostas, President of the European Committee of the Regions
- Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries