The European Commission's 2019 call for four new experts to join the European Green Capital and European Green Leaf Expert Panel, has closed. The new panel members to be announced in autumn 2019, will be responsible for the technical review of the following four indicators: green growth and eco-innovation, sustainable land use, waste management and sustainable urban mobility.
The members of the Expert Panel responsible for the technical review of the applications of the European Green Capital 2021 and the European Green Leaf 2020 Awards are listed below.
|Climate Change: Mitigation||Dr. Matt Kennedy|
|Climate Change: Adaptation||Ms. Birgit Georgi|
|Sustainable Urban Mobility||Dr. Ian Skinner|
|Sustainable Land Use||Ms. Nathalie Cecutti|
|Nature and Biodiversity||Mr. David Jamieson|
|Air Quality||Mr. Joan Marc Craviotto Arnau|
|Noise||Dr. César Asensio|
|Waste||Mr. Warren Phelan|
|Water||Mr. Christof Mainz|
|Green Growth and Eco-innovation||Mr. Marc Okhuijsen|
|Energy Performance||Ms. Vesna Kolega|
|Governance||Mr. Alex Minshull|
The role of each member of the Expert Panel are as follows:
– Responding to queries from applicant cities via the Secretariat
– Assessment of primary indicator area
– Peer review of a secondary indicator area
– Preparation of technical comments for reporting purposes
– Evaluation of applications normally occurs from November to March inclusive
– Attendance at three evaluation meetings
– Review of application form indicator text
– Review of the guidance note on indicator area
To find out more about the evaluation process please click here.