This project aims to contribute to reduce the impact of tyres wastes treatment using scraped tyres as filler for road embankments. The main objective of this project is to demonstrate the technical and market viability of a new use for grinded tyres, developing a new marketable product with no need of any kind of thermal or chemical treatment. The real innovation of the project is the modification of the design parameters in order to substitute natural soil by synthetic fillers. The result is a new lightweight, environmental friendly, filler for road embankments that avoids the demand of foreign soil in the case of the presence of clays or non suitable soil for road construction on work sites. The European scenario is being analysed in order to identify key actors and detect gaps in the existing/future networks for the use of used tyres (Northern Europe, Eastern Europe, Central and Western Europe). Once stable networks are settled, one real case study will be developed in Poland. Environmental analysis will be carried out in order to quantify environmental benefits. The real case will be monitored in order to detect any degradation.
In this page:
The main added value is related with the adaptation of RECTYRE model in each EU Scenario, giving new solutions to incipient policies in the countries where the used tyres management legislation is being transposed
- Reduction of landfilling of used tyres to comply with European and National Policies.
- Valorisation of wasted used tyres as lightweight filler. More that 200.000 used tyres per embankment are used.
- Optimisation of technical performance and procedures in the construction of embankments with lightweight fillers.
- Establishment of stable networks in different EU scenarios for the construction of new embankments using. Adaptation of the recycling model to each EU scenario.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of the improved technology in a new scenario (Poland). Be as short and concrete as possible, concentrating on figures and facts.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|ACCIONA INFRAESTRUCTURAS S.A.||Spain|
|SLOVENSKI GRADBENI GROZD-GIZ||Slovenia|
|Mostostal Warszawa S.A.||Poland|
ACCIONA INFRAESTRUCTURAS S.A.
18 Avenida de Europa
28108 Alcobendas Comunidad de MadridSpain
Duration:01/07/2009 to 30/06/2011