Europe’s annual footwear consumption amounts to 2,600 million pairs, which means that about 1.5 million tones/year of footwear end up in urban dumping sites. The action to be implemented addresses the reuse of postused shoes and footwear waste and its utilization in new products by means of a mechanical treatment of footwear waste. Used footwear will be collected and, after a grinding treatment by means of cutting into pieces, screening, and separation of metallic elements, a milling compound will be obtained. This will be used by the partners as a filler in polymeric formulations for the manufacture of footwear soles (Gumplast) and insoles (Procalçado), floorings (Regutec - sports areas, playgrounds, roads, etc.) and road safety articles (JG). Both INVULSA and TPSP will use these soles and insoles for the manufacturing of recycled shoes thus using post-used shoes. Apart from that, a certification process will be implemented by the use of an eco-label, which will mark, identify and certify those products that incorporate this footwear grinding compound.
In this page:
Valorisation of post-used shoes (waste) by footwear grinding and incorporating it into various polymeric products. The circle will be closed by using this waste for footwear manufacturing.
- - Manufacturing of Recycled shoes made up of products coming from post-used shoes
- - New grinding systems to obtain a milling compound
- - New products of footwear sector (soles and insoles) that use recycled post-used shoes
- - New products of other sectors (flooring, safety articles) that use recycled post-used shoes
- - Use of a certification method by the use of eco-labels for the identification of recycled products
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|INYECTADOS Y VULCANIZADOS S.A.||Spain|
|GUMPLAST PODHALE L.L.C.||Poland|
|JOAQUIN GALLARDO E HIJOS S.L.||Spain|
|TPSP - TODO PARA SUS PIES S.L.||Spain|
|PROCALCADO -Produtora de Componentes para Calcado, S.A||Portugal|
INYECTADOS Y VULCANIZADOS S.A.
Lugar Barrio Moreta, 0 S/N
26570 QUEL (LA RIOJA) La RiojaSpain
Mr José Luis Marin
Duration:01/09/2010 to 31/08/2012