Eco-innovation Projects in europe:
Achieving competitive growth and environmental sustainability is possible.
This initiative is addressed mainly to organisations that have developed an environmental product, service, management practice or process which has a proven track record, yet is not fully marketed due to residual risks. The Eco-innovation initiative is intended to overcome those barriers to further market penetration and turn these products and processes into Europe's future eco-innovation successes! Applications from SMEs are particularly encouraged.
The Call 2009 is now closed. The next Call for proposals is foreseen for 13 April 2010.
Around €35 million will be available to fund new projects this year. Go to the application pack.
Your project will have to:
- have an innovative character and substantial positive impacts on the environment;
- provide significant replication, wider application and broader marketability;
- be relevant for and show clear and substantial benefits in support of Europe's environmental policy objectives;
- demonstrate a European added value and an international project dimension;
- be well thought-through from a technical and project management perspective;
- be cost-effective delivering higher quality through appropriate effort levels.
If you plan to apply: