EU Green Week 2020 – Nature and Biodiversity focus
The theme for this year’s EU Green Week is nature and biodiversity. Starting on 19 October with an official opening event in Lisbon – European Green Capital 2020 – the virtual conference will focus on the role biodiversity can play in the post-Covid 19 recovery to stimulate and support sustainable growth. Following the new EU Biodiversity Strategy for 2030 adopted in May and the European Green Deal the conference will examine how EU policies can help protect and restore nature. The EU Green Week is an important milestone on the road to the Fifteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD-COP 15) in 2021.
Of great interest to the EU B@B Platform will be the sessions dedicated to business and biodiversity:
- Session 3.4 Farming for food and for nature. How farmers can become the actors of the sustainability transition
- Session 4.3 Unlocking finance for biodiversity
- Session 4.4 Protecting biodiversity and nature through a circular economy
- Session 5.4 Nature and cosmetic products
- Session 6.4 Nature is Everyone’s Business – Building a business for biodiversity movement
- Session 7.1 Incorporating nature in the heart of business decision-making and disclosure
The full programme and information on how to attend the virtual conference are available here.