Investing in Nature – a Webinar Series starting on 20 June
Webinar 1: An introduction to financing investments in natural capital (20 June)
This webinar series will help participants to better understand and overcome barriers to investing in nature, and thereby facilitate investment in natural capital and biodiversity-related projects and innovations.
The webinar series is in particular targeted at businesses developing projects and innovations in this space but will also benefit non-governmental organisations seeking finance for projects and innovations that can generate a return on investment.
The EU B@B Platform and the European Investment Bank have teamed up for this first webinar, which will provide an introduction to financing investment in natural capital. Access to investment finance is frequently seen as a barrier by businesses in scaling up projects and innovations that benefit natural capital and biodiversity. On the other side of the table, banks and other investors struggle to develop a pipeline of investible projects that enhance natural capital and biodiversity.
This first webinar will draw from the European Investment Bank’s recent publication ‘Investing in Nature: financing Conservation and Nature-based solutions’, which provides a practical guide on how to put together investment propositions. The webinar will consider:
- The main challenges in setting up a natural capital investment from a financiers’ perspective
- Getting started:
- Defining the investment project
- Developing a business idea and business model
- Defining the investment need
Webinar presenters include:
- Stefanie Lindenberg, Coordinator, Natural Capital Finance Facility, European Investment Bank
- Vasco Ferreira da Costa, Senior Investment Officer, European Investment Bank
- Guy Duke, ICAEW Project Director, We Value Nature, Director GD NatCap Ltd and Innovation Workstream Lead, EU B@B Platform
This webinar series is supported by We Value Nature, a campaign supporting businesses and the natural capital community to make valuing nature the new normal for business across Europe.
Registration details to the webinar:
Please register to the Webinar on 20 Jun 2019 at 12:30 PM CEST at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5014929008496678924
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.