Save the date: Just Transition Platform Meeting – Coal Regions Virtual week and Carbon-intensive Regions Seminar
The European Commission is glad to announce that the next edition of the Just Transition Platform Meeting – Coal Regions Virtual week and Carbon-intensive Regions seminar will take place online from 15 to 18 November 2021. The event will be the opportunity for stakeholders from coal and carbon-intensive regions to take stock of the lessons learned from the Territorial Just Transition Plans, hear the voices of regions and their journey to phase-out coal, peat and oil shale, learn about the gender dimension of Just Transition and lot more. It will once more include a Multi-Level Dialogue organised by the Committee of the Regions.
Registrations will open in October, so stay tuned.
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 26-29 April 2021 - Outcomes and resources
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 16-18 November 2020 - Outcomes and resources
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 1-3 July 2020 - Outcomes and resources
- Annual Political Dialogue, Görlitz, Germany / 25-26 November 2019
- 6th working group meeting / 16-17 October 2019 - Outcomes and resources
- 5th working group meeting / 15-16 July 2019 - Outcomes and resources
- 4th working group meeting / 8-9 April 2019 - Outcomes and resources
- 3rd working group meeting / 5, 6 and 7 November 2018 - Outcomes and resources
- 2nd working group meeting / 12 to 13 July 2018 - Outcomes and resources
- 1st working group meeting / 26 to 27 February 2018 - Outcomes and resources
2019 annual political dialogue
The second edition of the annual political dialogue of the Initiative for coal regions in transition took place on 25-26 November in Görlitz, Germany. The event was organised by the European Commission and the secretariat of the initiative, in close cooperation with the two German host regions of Brandenburg and Saxony.
On the first day, high-level speakers reflected on the progress achieved in the past year and looked toward the future of the initiative, in a new European context with an ever-increasing focus on just transition. Discussions focussed on the respective roles of the EU and of regions in supporting and implementing a just transition, as well as on the specific issues of attracting investment to coal regions, and ensuring cross-border cooperation. On the second day, participants went on site visits to see concrete transition projects in the Lusatia region.