Just Transition Platform Meeting - Coal Regions Virtual week and Carbon-intensive Regions Seminar
The fourth edition of the Just Transition Platform Meeting – Coal Regions in Transition virtual week and Carbon-intensive regions seminars will take place online on 15 – 17 November 2021. Like previous editions, this event will be co-hosted by the European Commission’s DG REGIO and DG ENER. A multi-level dialogue will be organised by the Committee of the Regions as a side-event to the Just Transition Platform Meeting on 15 November.
The meeting will gather stakeholders from EU coal, peat, shale oil and carbon-intensive regions, and will deliver a range of thematic sessions, networking options enabling exchange and interaction between Member States, local and regional authorities, non-governmental organisations, business and social partners and EU institutions to learn from one another in the journey towards a just transition to a climate-neutral Europe.
The event will provide participants with updates and lessons learnt so far on the ongoing preparations of Territorial Just Transition Plans, learn about important topics expected to be developed under the TJTPs, hear the voices of regions that are on their journey towards coal phase-out, and much more.
For any questions on the logistics of the events please send an email to email@example.com. To stay up to date on just transition activities and news, please subscribe to the Just Transition Platform newsletter and the Initiative for coal regions in transition newsletter.
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 26-29 April 2021 - Outcomes and resources
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 16-18 November 2020 - Outcomes and resources
- Coal regions in transition virtual week / 1-3 July 2020 - Outcomes and resources
- Annual Political Dialogue, Görlitz, Germany / 25-26 November 2019
- 6th working group meeting / 16-17 October 2019 - Outcomes and resources
- 5th working group meeting / 15-16 July 2019 - Outcomes and resources
- 4th working group meeting / 8-9 April 2019 - Outcomes and resources
- 3rd working group meeting / 5, 6 and 7 November 2018 - Outcomes and resources
- 2nd working group meeting / 12 to 13 July 2018 - Outcomes and resources
- 1st working group meeting / 26 to 27 February 2018 - Outcomes and resources
2019 annual political dialogue
The second edition of the annual political dialogue of the Initiative for coal regions in transition took place on 25-26 November in Görlitz, Germany. The event was organised by the European Commission and the secretariat of the initiative, in close cooperation with the two German host regions of Brandenburg and Saxony.
On the first day, high-level speakers reflected on the progress achieved in the past year and looked toward the future of the initiative, in a new European context with an ever-increasing focus on just transition. Discussions focussed on the respective roles of the EU and of regions in supporting and implementing a just transition, as well as on the specific issues of attracting investment to coal regions, and ensuring cross-border cooperation. On the second day, participants went on site visits to see concrete transition projects in the Lusatia region.