EU energy policy encourages member states to start converting building stock into nearly zero-energy buildings (NZEB) and public authorities to adopt exemplary actions. ZEMEDS responds to EU objectives by assisting public sector on going beyond the proposed 3% renovation target and bringing together industry elements to provide packaged solutions. The action focuses on renovating schools from EU regions in the Mediterranean region, by developing specific procurement procedures for the renovation towards NZEBs. The project will develop technical documents as well as toolkits to support the renovation process. Designers and other professionals in the building industry will be trained on the use of the new approach. The project involves the partners directly in charge of the management of schools. There main barriers addressed by the project are: 1. Lack of knowledge within the building industry to develop NZEB renovation models in a Mediterranean climate. 2. Public sector doesn’t have enough tools to achieve NZEB renovation, especially in terms of design and procurement.
In this page:
- Implementation of 5 new NZEB tendering specifications to be used by the school portfolio managers. 40% of the relevant managers and policy makers have attended a training or capacity building event;
- Development of a series of NZEB Toolkits which focus on technical and financial aspects of NZEB renovation of schools buildings in Mediterranean coastal climate, including packaged solutions with market components. The toolkits will be analysed in a series of 10 case studies and the launch of 40 more buildings by the end of the project;
- Training 4650 school policy makers and building designers on NZEB refurbishment of schools in Mediterranean climate, through 5 capacity building events (including seminars, conference, workshop, site visits, etc.) and 60 regional training events;
- Participation on 8 international conferences, with around 1200 people of target audience;
- Dissemination of the NZEB concept and schools retrofitting to more than 100.000 school users and participation in 8 international events to promote the concept beyond the Mediterranean region.
- The project has started recently and there are no specific results reported.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Ascamm Private Foundation
+34 935 944 700
Duration:01/06/2013 to 31/12/2013