The overall objective of the ZagEE project is to implement energy efficiency measures and renewable energy sources in buildings owned by the local public authority (City of Zagreb). By selecting a wide range of energy efficiency and renewable energy investments, instead of investing into one particular measure, a more comprehensive solution has been made. The ZagEE project can be divided into two specific investments: refurbishment of public buildings and public lighting. The refurbishment of public buildings will include standard energy efficiency renovation measures but also the installation of renewable energy sources (solar panels and collectors) on the very same buildings. Modernisation of public lighting will be the first project of such size in Croatia which will feature LED lamps with regulation during late night hours. By implementing the proposed project measures, energy savings of 33.526 MWh per year will be achieved as well as 290 MWh of generated green electricity. The funding scheme which will be used for the ZagEE project is the most basic self-financing budget scheme, since there are no innovative financial instruments available in Croatia at the time. A special Project team will be established for the purpose of coordinating the ZagEE project. This team will serve as a basis for conducting future EU funded projects and will provide necessary know-how for all stakeholders in the City of Zagreb and wider region.
In this page:
- Initiating an investment with high leverage factor by covering high upfront costs of project preparation phase. By receiving the MLEI-PDA assistance funding the project will be carried out much faster than without it.
- Making public buildings more self-sustainable by introducing energy efficiency measures and installing renewable energy sources.
- Capacity building of the public administration employees regarding project management and Replication potential in other parts of Croatia and wider region – The City of Zagreb will share results and experience gained from the ZagEE project among local authorities interested in participating in similar projects
- Determining legislative, financing and technical issues that might arise during the project in order to initiate changes in legislation, regulation and improvement of existing financial instruments.
- Providing healthier and more comfortable environment for public administration personnel, students, children and elderly people and encouraging other sectors of economy by creating new job opportunities and promoting economic development
- For further details please refer to the project website.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
CITY OF ZAGREB
Duration:01/04/2013 to 31/03/2016