WindFacts aims at answering new questions and challenges that have emerged in relation to wind by creating an exhaustive publication and a regularly updated website on wind energy. It will provide objective information and increase the public knowledge and support for this sector. The manual and website will include 6 volumes with data on wind energy technology, grid integration, economics of wind, its industry and markets, its environmental impacts and the scenarios and targets for wind energy. The publication will be prepared in the first year of the project by a consortium of leading experts from different sectors and different countries. As Wind Energy - The Facts outputs will constitute THE reference on wind energy, the target audience will include lay persons, local, regional, national and European decision makers, wind specialists, financial institutions, students etc. The created tools will be disseminated through targeted workshops in 5 European countries as well as at wind energy conferences.
In this page:
- Comprehensive Wind Energy - The Facts publication (+/- 350 pages)
- Wind Energy - The Facts website
- Dissemination workshop in France, Hungary, Latvia, Romania and Sweden
- Summaries (+/- 20 pages) of the Wind Energy - The Facts publication in English, French, German, Hungarian, Latvian, Romanian and Spanish
- The 'Wind Energy – The Facts' publication is widely considered to be the most important wind energy reference in the world. It presents a detailed overview of the wind energy sector, with the most up-to-date and in-depth information on the essential issues concerning wind power today.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
European Wind Energy Association
Duration:01/11/2007 to 30/10/2009