Transparense aims at supporting the development of a trustworthy Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) market in Europe by creating European and national Codes of Conduct for energy services providers. Such rules of game will be tailored to the specific conditions of individual countries and will help increase the transparency of the EPC markets and maintain the high quality of the energy services provided. As the number of energy services which enter the market is growing, training programmes for new and existing ESCOs will also be developed in order to ensure the endorsement of the developed Codes of Conducts. In addition, the project will provide a comprehensive overview of the EPC markets across Europe by developing an exhaustive online database of ESCOs, ESCOs associations, EPC models, financing models and EPC policy initiatives. It will also enhance institutionalisation of the EPC markets by promoting the establishment of ESCO associations and networking.
In this page:
- Development of a European EPC Code of Conduct as well as 20 national Codes of Conduct for energy services providers.
- Online databases focused on existing ESCOs and ESCO associations; types of EPC models; financial models and EU and country-level policy initiatives. It will provide the market players with a core level of market information to help improve transparency and to enable informed decision-making.
- General and national training modules tailored to the particular stage of the EPC market development used in 77 trainings delivered to ESCOs with total of 770 trainees. In total 3 workshops and 3 national position papers to promote ESCO associations in countries with no ESCO association but where there is a significant number of ESCOs interested in its establishment (Slovenia, Sweden and Netherlands).
- Development of EPC pilot projects to provide new and innovative, highly replicable best practice EPC examples in the partner countries.
- Intensive communication to stakeholders through: over 100 media coverings reaching more than 200 000 readers, 20 workshops with total of 400 attendants, 60 newsletters delivered to 1000 contacts and presentations at over 100 events.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|SEVEn, The Energy Efficiency Center||Czech Republic|
|e7 Energie Markt Analyse GmbH||Austria|
|Energy Consulting Network ApS||Denmark|
|DEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THESSALONIKI S.A.||Greece|
|Lithuanian Energy Institute||Lithuania|
|ISR-University of Coimbra||Portugal|
|Energy Centre Bratislava||Slovakia|
|Jozef Stefan Institute||Slovenia|
|IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute Limited||Sweden|
|DTTN (Trentino Technological Cluster)||Italy|
|Norwegian Energy Efficiency (NEE)||Norway|
|Polish National Energy Conservation Agency||Poland|
|Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands||Netherlands|
|Black Sea Energy Research Centre||Bulgaria|
|GreenDependent Institute Nonprofit Ltd||Hungary|
|EEVS â Energy Efficiency Verification Specialists||United Kingdom|
SEVEn, The Energy Efficiency Center
+420 221 592 519
Duration:01/04/2013 to 01/10/2015