The ThermalNet network covers the three thermal conversion technologies Combustion, Gasification and Pyrolysis and addresses these through twelve technical and non-technical work packages (Further details can be found on the project website). The matrix structure helps to maximise interactions between all the technologies and the various topics which are discussed. In addition to the project partners, a range of experts from industry and academia participate and contribute to meetings, presentations, newsletters and reports. Meetings of the network are held approximately every 6 months and each meeting aims to cover approximately half of the work packages in a detailed workshop. A newsletter containing updates on technical progress within the technologies, new projects and information about events and conferences is produced every 6 months and circulated as widely as possible.
In this page:
- Integrated newsletter on thermal biomass conversion
- 4 inter-related websites
- Workshop meetings with active involvement of industry
- Successful interaction with IEA Bioenergy Tasks
- There are valuable synergies between different thermal conversion technologies.
- Interaction between complementary networks and organisations provides a very beneficial contribution to the more effective development of bioenergy systems
- Synergistic interaction of technical and non-technical barriers contributes significantly to improving the uptake and success of bioenergy schemes. Last updated: 24.06.2010
Partners and coordinatorList Map
0033 1 56 08 54 27