This project has resulted in energy savings by promoting cutting-edge technology with roof-top retrofitting. Tailor-made guidelines have been developed, including small scale renewable energy installations. The SuRE-FIT approach can trigger improvements across Europe in terms of energy performance, financial resources, building areas and refurbishment methods.
In this page:
- Tailor-made process models and implementation guidelines of sustainable roof-top extension retrofit
- Presentation/ demonstration of virtual projects and case studies in several European countries
- Conceptual designs for possible new roof-top extension retrofit pilot projects
- Detailed programme of requirements, proposed design solutions and schemes and for roof-top extension retrofit
- An obstacle that was often reported was delay of the process caused by inadequate communication with the tenants.
- Most of the buildings suitable for SuRE-Fit rooftop extensions were built between 1960 and 1980. This group of buildings is usually badly insulated which offers big opportunities for energy savings by applying the SuRE-FIT concept.
- Improvement of existing buildings can give the whole area a boost with new facilities and services. Roof-top extension can help catalyse further refurbishments.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|DEMO van Delft Modelontwikkling B.V.||Netherlands|
|Cenergia Energy Consultants||Denmark|
|Kuben Byfornyelse Danmark A/S||Denmark|
|Bauform Baugesellschaft mbH||Germany|
|Institut Wohnen und Umwelt GmbH||Germany|
|LUWOGE GmbH, Das Wohnungsunternehmen der BASF||Germany|
|Comune di Firenze Ufficio Edilizia Residenziale Pubblica||Italy|
|Ipostudio Architetti Associati||Italy|
|Storimans Wijffels van Hoogmoed architecten BV||Netherlands|
|Pol Ned Sp z o.o.||Poland|
|Slovenska technicka univerzita||Slovakia|
|Christer Nordström Arkitektkontor AB||Sweden|
|STU-K, a.s.||Czech Republic|
DEMO van Delft Modelontwikkling B.V.
2628 XH DelftNetherlands
0031 (0) 15-7502520
Duration:01/01/2007 to 31/03/2009