The key objective of the project is to increase the usage of heat produced by cogeneration during summer. The low demand for this so-called ?Summerheat? significantly influences the overall economic structure of a power park based on cogeneration. To incr
In this page:
- The direct outcomes of the project should be (inter alia) the following:? Provide an overview of the potential uses of Summerheat in 7 different regions in Europe
- Give an ecological and economic classification of Summerheat
- Assess available technologies for thermal cooling
- Provide a feasibility study for each of the 7 regions
- For investors and project developers: hold workshops and provide them with a step by step project development guideline
- The PRF calculations show (in some cases even significant) ecological advantages of absorption chillers over compression chillers.
- Due to the effects that can be reached through economies of scale (in ecological and economic terms), central solutions should be preferred to decentral solutions wherever possible e.g. in newly built areas or in cities where underground preparations have been undertaken in advance.
- In established urban centres (where grid construction costs are immense) and in areas with too little cooling demand density, decentral solutions should be deployed. As a scenario calculation from Germany shows, ecological advantages over conventional, compression chillers are also prevalent in decentral installations.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Fernwärme Wien GesmbH||Austria|
|Euroheat & Power||Belgium|
|CITYPLAN spol. s.r.o.||Czech Republic|
|Energy Consulting Network A/S||Denmark|
|Narodowa Agencja Poszanowania Energii S.A.||Poland|
+ 49 30 – 29 33 30 69
+49 30 – 29 33 30 67
+49 30 – 29 33 30 63
+49 30 – 29 33 30 601
+49 30 – 29 33 30 36
+49 30 – 29 33 30 603
Duration:01/11/2006 to 31/12/2008