Camping sites represent one of the most suitable applications for solar thermal systems. To increase their utilisation a neutral consultant tool – the SolarCheck for Camping Sites – will be developed. In each of the partners regions SolarCheckers will be trained to provide an interested owner of a camping site with the basic information he needs for a decision. As a result of an on-site visit a solar report will be elaborated including all necessary information regarding the best fitting size of a solar system, calculated with software especially designed for camping sites, the expected energy savings and the estimated costs considering available grant schemes. Together with a list of solar firms these documents will serve as a basis for the investment decision. This campaign will be performed in close cooperation with the tourism and camping organisations. Regional networks will be implemented to disseminate all information for camping sites. As a secondary effect it is also expected that solar thermal systems at camping sites will serve as a model system for the guests.
In this page:
- Status Quo surveyCollection of regional / national basic data of camping sites, solar firms and grant resp. financing schemes.
- Training concept Two days training seminar for trainers as well as SolarCheckers containing a theoretical and a practical part. In the course of the practical part a SolarCheck at a camping site will be performed and the results will be presented and discussed.
- Software T*SOLCAMP A product-neutral simulation software for calculation the dimensioning of solar thermal systems for camping sites will be developed, taking into account the specific conditions at camping sites. As a result e.g. the solar fraction during the operating month and the energy saving amounts will be calculated and presented.
- Manual As a printed brochure the manual ”Thermal Solar Energy Systems for Camping Sites” will be printed in each relevant language, representing the essential information for implementation of solar thermal systems at camping sites. This information will be helpful for owners of camping sites as well as for installers of solar thermal systems.
- SolarCheckCamping During the campaigning the trained SolarCheckers will perform the SolarChecks at camping sites consisting of an on site visit and survey of the relevant conditions (Checklist), consultation and discussion of best solutions, calculation and simulation of an adapted solar system by T*SOLCAMP software and conclusion and recommendation within the frame of a SolarCheckCamping report.
- Campaigns especially aimed to a target group with a seasonal business should cover a period of three years minimum to gain a sustainable effect.
- The incorporation of umbrella organisations of the main target group, camping site owners, has been of high importance for the success of the project.
- The lack of economic efficiency in most cases has been the most frequent reason for a camping site owner to defer the investment in a solar thermal system. This situation will probably change by increasing price for fossil energies. Last updated: 24.06.2010
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Sonnenenergie e.V.
Duration:01/01/2006 to 30/04/2008