This project looked at energy performance certification and asked what it could offer social housing. Using results from pilot projects in six countries RESHAPE aimed to help housing managers with certification, to define strategies for retrofitting and to help them get these issues across to tenants, apartment owners and housing cooperatives. The European Directive on the energy performance of buildings and its focus on energy consumption in dwellings are expected to have a big impact on social housing management and the way managers communicate.
In this page:
- Studies undertaken on energy quality and retrofitting scenarios in building stocks in six countries.
- Results have confirmed the fact that low income households are highly affected by energy bills as they constitute a large portion of income.
- A toolset for three geographic areas, which included tenants on the communication process, developed to help housing co-operatives and homeowners understand and make use of the energy certificates of their buildings.
- There have been success stories in renovating social housing stock: but improvements in the organisation of the renovation process and increased understanding of all issues within the social housing organisations would help to increase the number of successes.
- Creative financial tools, whether roof top extensions or solutions from ESCOs can assist social housing organisations in overcoming a key barrier, that is the access to appropriate financing.
- If energy performance certificates are to play a role in the renovation process, there is a need for software tools that support analaysis and improvement scenarios as well as the full integration of certification within the renovation planning process.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Zonnige Kempen CV||Belgium|
|Black Sea Regional Energy Centre||Bulgaria|
|Bulgarian Housing Association||Bulgaria|
|SEVEn, Stredisko pro efektivni vyuzivani energie, o.p.s.||Czech Republic|
|Eesti Korteriühistute Liit / Estonian Union of Housing Co-operative Associations||Estonia|
|ADIGSA, empresa pública||Spain|
0031 30 2808 313
+31 30 2808 495
0031 30 2808 313
0031 30 2808357
0031 (0)30 2808322
Duration:01/01/2006 to 30/06/2008