The RES champions' league concept is based upon 3 national RES leagues (Germany, Czech Republic, France) already existing. Municipalities are compared through a competition thanks to a simple indicator: RES installed power (solar / wood) divided by the number of inhabitants. The RES champions' league will increase and widen the coverage of these competition by creating 3 new leagues and comparing all of them at European level. The objective of the project is to promote local communities that are installing RES (Renewable energy sources) capacities on their territories. The RES Champions league project will facilitate the smooth adaptation of municipalities to the fast-evolving energy context. The RES Champions league will create both a network of municipalities who will cooperate and share their views and solutions for the development of RES (Renewable energy sources), considering the network will include both front-runners and followers, and a positive and emulative competition between municipalities encouraging them to invest in RES. The RES champion's league will focus mainly on the solar and efficient wood sectors, while being open to integrate new renewable sectors.
In this page:
- Creation of a European wide competition between local communities.
- Enlarging the competition to six countries and two main sectors (solar/wood) at local level.
- Leading to increase in RES installed capacities at local level.
- Promoting the local communities that are ahead in terms of RES capacities.
- This project has just started. It is therefore too early to draw lessons.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
CLER, Network for the energy transition
Duration:01/09/2008 to 31/08/2011