The groundwork for REGBIE+ is the fact that the most important and prevalent renewable energy source used for heating in the EU is biomass in its various forms. Nevertheless, regional market structures are developed in a quite unbalanced way throughout Europe and the involved stakeholders are unevenly experienced. REGBIE+ involved 13 partners active in 13 regions from 11 EU countries. The project aimed at forwarding regional initiatives bundling measures like marketing, information, training and overall awareness.
In this page:
- Guidebook on financing schemes, stakeholder workshops
- Implementation of Pellet Days in most regions (21 in total) attracting more than 3500 visitors
- Implementation of School Competitions in 2007 and 2008 in most regions involving 250 schools from all school types and 3750 pupils triggering 900 creative works on biomass
- Compilation of “Success Stories”
- Knowledge Pool for tools, instruments, training materials, consultations, website, brochure on "European success stories", final conference
- REGBIE+ is a valuable impulse for supporting or setting-up regional networking structures, but the pace in which these networks develop and implement activities is dictated by the regional conditions and settings and not by the envisioned project work programme.
- The experience shows that the school competitions have a high impact on public awareness (media interest, people involved) and are a cost-effective measure with a positive educational impact. The competition entries are very often charming and have appealing results. The positive outcome surpassed the general expectations by the consortium.
- Lack of capital and too high investment costs are still significant barriers in almost all regions with no remarkable difference between strong developed biomass markets (such as Upper Austria, South Bohemia and South-East Sweden) and regions with a emerging market development. Lack of awareness (end consumers and policy makers) can be seen as a second main barrier in all regions.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Energie Agentur Steiermark GmbH||Austria|
|Energy Centre České Budějovice||Czech Republic|
|Institut Technique Européen du Bois Energie||France|
|University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hildesheim/Holzminden/Göttingen||Germany|
|South-East Regional Authority||Ireland|
|Ökoinstitut Südtirol / Alto Adige||Italy|
|Lithuanian Energy Institute||Lithuania|
|Baltycka Agencja Poszanowania Energii S.A.||Poland|
|BIOMASA, zdruzenie právnických osôb||Slovakia|
|FUNDACION ASTURIANA DE LA ENERGIA||Spain|
|Energikontor Sydost AB||Sweden|
0049 511 39 47 302
0049 5 11 90 96 88 42
+49 511 9096 8850
+49 5 11 90 96 88 42
0049 511 90968858
Duration:01/01/2007 to 30/06/2009