The project aims at promoting the installation of small and medium scale ground PV plants with a power capacity ranging from 50 kWp to 2-3 MWp for re-qualifying marginal or degraded areas (landfills, quarries, abandoned industrial areas, etc), by increasing awareness and knowledge about the economic potential and green value of Photovoltaic panel plantations (PVPPs) in the public and private sectors (Municipalities, Chambers of Commerce, Energy Agencies, Land owners, private investors, farmers, etc.). The project includes the following activities: survey in 600 municipalities in Europe for the collection of technical and economical data concerning the proposed type of systems; engagement of at least 40 municipalities in the participating countries interested to develop PVPP projects on their territory; realisation of strategic documents and handbooks addressed primarily to public administrations and local municipalities; training of municipalities and policy makers; realisation and distribution of tools and instruments to promote start ups in PVPPs enterprise; setting up of a sustainable network of PVPP promoters and multipliers.
In this page:
- Achieved: Direct engagement of 64 Municipalities across Europe from the partners countries in RES promotion for enhancing strategic eco-sustainable policies and strategies focusing on the recovering of marginal areas
- Elaboration and dissemination of a Strategic Vision document for the implementation of PVPPs. Further documents expected in the coming months: 1) technical document addressed to project developers, architects, engineers, investors and SMEs; 2) administrative document addressing public administrations and to identify standard administrative procedures for the realisation of PVPP; 3) practical guide addressed to investors to encourage Start up in PVPP.
- 620 people trained on PVPPs across Europe for supporting local authorities and private investors to face the most critical difficulties linked with the start-up of PVPPs.
- Achieving of more than 5 MWp of PVPPs on marginal terrains in Europe thanks to the support of project partners (forecast of achieving 20 MWp by the end of the Project)
- Collection of 50 European best practices and models for recovering low/zero value terrains through ground PV plants (PVPPs).
- 1. Decision makers/ potential investors are requiring from partners a complete support package (in terms of financial and technical aid). They expect an all-round service as otherwise they are not enough motivated to start-up a PVPP initiative as their topic-related knowledge and practical.
- 2. Financing models is being more and more significant due to the financial crisis. Therefore more ideas should be invested for optimizing these models. Apart from national funds, private investors should be more involved, starting from ESCOs, EPCs a private businesses in general.
- 3. The future trend in energy topics demonstrates that the combination of energy sources is more efficient than the usage of singular energy source. Last update: 03.11.11
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Union of Veneto Chambers of Commerce
0039 041 099 9411
Ms. Erica Holland
0039 041 099 9411
Duration:01/10/2008 to 30/09/2011