PRO.MOTION aimed to create liveable residential areas whilst lowering energy consumption caused by transport. Applications were implemented at 14 sites where the aim was to involve inhabitants and stakeholders in creating suitable energy efficient transport solutions. The project addressed car dependency on three levels: 1. improving the objective conditions for a way of life that consumes less energy 2. changing people's perception and mobility behaviour, and 3. motivating people to live an energy saving life. PRO.MOTION created new markets transferring knowledge to stakeholders, e.g. construction companies, developers, property management companies. It combined energy saving in housing and in transport. Key market actors were the target group for the national training sessions in 10 countries. The measures implemented within the project were covering the following aspects: improvement of accessibility, mobility services and connection with different transport modes, creating awareness and ownership through participation in creating mobility solutions and involvement in activities.
In this page:
- Enlarge the group of marked actors who are aware of transport and energy savings in the field of housing. 755 trained persons in national training events creating awareness in the topic of transport
- Change people's mobility behaviour to become more energy efficient in 14 application sites as well as development of surveys on mobility behaviours
- Produce training materials and guidelines on energy savings at home including mobility as well as best practices on integrating sustainable mobility into the Local Agenda 21 framework
- Importance to involve inhabitants, stakeholders and politicians in improving conditions and in raising awareness on sustainable transport modes, to align expectations through the planning process and implement decisions quickly, to improve conditions for sustainable modes where people live and not only where their trips end, to consider the costs for intervention in relation to benefits
- The best way to increase the use of sustainable modes is if both infrastructural issues and awareness raising is integrated within the planning process from the beginning. This way it is possible to make it easy for inhabitants to choose sustainable modes. 2 Guidebooks to help decision makers and planners to integrate sustainable mobility either in their Local Agenda 21 or in the conception of new neighbourhoods were produced as well as tools to integrate mobility into other planning aspects.
- The aim and effort to communicate and reach the audience for a European Project is made easier if the dissemination is combined with national partners’ case studies and events as PRO.MOTION did in the very successful Newsletters. Another recommendation is that dissemination will be improved if partners co-operate with local communication agencies or similar.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Det Grønne Hus, Agenda 21 in Køge
0045 56 67 60 70
Duration:01/11/2007 to 31/10/2010