The aim of this project is to promote eco-efficient cold and lighting products in the household and tertiary sectors in six countries using promoter initiatives and consumer projects aimed at residents, tenants and shops. It will involve an analysis of both EU and national projects with similar objectives at conferences and workshops.
In this page:
- More than 320 key actors, including national and local energy agencies, have been brought together in various forums to exchange experiences about efficient cold and lighting products in the residential and tertiary sectors.
- Twenty promoter initiatives are underway, involving manufacturers of lighting and cold products, retailers and commercial buildings, university departments, energy efficiency advice centers, national energy agencies and social buildings. Fifteen consumer projects focusing on resident associations, local government, architects, consumer organisations, and owners associations are also underway.
- Monitoring of results in both the refrigerator and lighting markets have led to estimated energy savings of 2000 MWh, which is more than 3 350 tones of CO2 emissions.
- Two technical guidebooks have been produced and translated into languages of the participating countries, as well as brochures, posters and stickers.
- Trials involving the promotion of free efficient lamps, such as halogens, have stimulated interest.
- Need of info with regards to efficient lighting and cold appliances in the households of the involved countries. Public buildings' responsibles lack of means and appropriate measures of energy efficiency in general, and about efficient lighting.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Energie Agentur Steiermark GmbH||Austria|
|Gertec GmbH Ingenieurgesellschaft||Germany|
|Krajowa Agencja Poszanowania Energii S.A.||Poland|
|Institutul de Studii si Proiectari Energetice||Romania|
|Severn Wye Energy Agency Limited||United Kingdom|
Duration:01/01/2006 to 31/12/2008