PROCURA aims at contributing to the EU objective of 20% substitution of oil-based motor fuels by 2020, by overcoming market barriers for large-scale procurement of Alternative Fuel Vehicles (AFVs). Earlier EU programs results confirm that market barriers for AFVs include:
- lack of infrastructure (chicken-egg problem);
- lack of maintenance and repair facilities;
- lack of knowledge of fleet owners and consumers;
- higher purchase costs;
- lack of second-hand market.
- buyer pools (permitting centralised infrastructure and servicing);
- a focus on private fleet owners (e.g. Greenlease);
- the start-up development of second hand markets and certification systems for AFVs.
In this page:
- Over 150 fleet scans were carried out;
- Over 135 Alternative Fuel Vehicles were procured, with 75 more scheduled for January 2010;
- Manuals developed in collaboration with, and applied by fleet owners in 5 pilots. The following manuals are available on the project website: - Market barriers for large scale AFV procurement; - Infrastructure development for AFVs; - Training guidelines for Maintenance and support of AFVs; - User manual for fleet owners concerning AFVs; - Available incentive schemes.
- Over 2750 stakeholders were involved in events, including branch organizations(automotive) and automotive manufacturers;
- The project offered detailed insights in fleet operator needs with regards to the acquisition of AFV, representing an input for policy makers in the transport sector.
- The decisive factor in fleet procurement remains the financial benefit, but environmental concerns are becoming increasingly significant in fleet procurement decisions;
- A lack of knowledge or false information can be a severe barrier for the introduction of AFV's. Establishing a EU network of green public fleets could counter this;
- Governmental support is critical, whether it be local, regional or national; Last updated: 28.06.2010
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|ETA, Energia, Trasporti, Agricoltura srl||Italy|
|Federazione delle Associazioni scietifiche e techniche||Italy|
|European Natural Gas Vehicle Association||Netherlands|
|Terberg Leasing B.V.||Netherlands|
|Krajowa Agencja Poszanowania Energii S.A.||Poland|
|Instituto Superior Técnico||Portugal|
|NUEVAS TECNOLOGÍAS PARA LA DISTRIBUCIÓN ACTIVA DE ENERGÍA||Spain|
0031 30 2808 313
+31 30 2808 495
0031 30 2808 313
0031 30 2808357
0031 (0)30 2808322
Duration:01/01/2006 to 31/12/2008