The project ProcA aims at implementing the targets on energy efficient and green public procurement (GPP) as defined in many Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAPs). ProcA promotes the incorporation of GPP in SEAPs and supports to accelerate the implementation of SEAPs by increasing the efficiency of purchasing organisations. For the assessment of constraints the up-coming Covenant of Mayors (CoM) monitoring reports will be analysed. On this basis CoM signatories will be supported in implementing their GPP measures. This is done by capacity building, networking activities, and directly by supporting large lighthouse projects. Dissemination will be boosted by a national and European GPP Award. ProcA will build up on the experiences and contacts achieved in the Buy Smart and Buy Smart+ project. Procurement agencies take part in the project to achieve a high impact in the target group.The use of the European energy label as well as other EU voluntary labels (Ecolabel, TCO, Energy Star) and the GPP toolkit will be promoted. The results of the lighthouse projects are presented as best practice examples and disseminated to a wide audience. The lighthouse projects have the possibility to compete in the EU GPP award. The EU GPP award honours outstanding efforts and achievements for implementing green criteria into tenders on national level and across Europe. The national awards will receive a higher recognition in smaller procurement offices and gives them better chances to win. Four different award categories are planned:• Most energy efficient tender for new buildings including their systems,• Most energy efficient tender for renovation of buildings including their systems,• Most energy efficient tender for lighting,• Most energy efficient tender for information technology.In collaboration with communal networks, capacity building and networking events will be organised to deepen the understanding of GPP among procurers.Intensive dissemination of the ProcA project, GPP, the lighthouse projects and the GPP award will be conducted by presentations, website and media activities. There will be a final conference in Brussels for policy makers and major involved actors to present the outcomes and lessons learnt of the project which will be combined with the award winning ceremony. National steering committees will contribute to securing the quality, political relevance, transferability and recognition of the results and outputs of the ProcA project.
In this page:
- Information points in 7 countries providing assistance and instruction for municipalities and public administration on how to start and maintain GPP, which includes the building up of working groups, getting political support, involving NGOs, setting up environmental purchasing policies; with activities such as job shadowing and study visits; the helpdesks of the Buy Smart+ project will be used in all countries except Poland and Slovakia, which have not been involved in Buy Smart+;
- Networking events for procurers will be organised together with existing multipliers (e. g. CoM, city networks);
- In at least 42 municipalities or other public sector offices GPP policy and actions will be promoted and implemented, 42 lighthouse projects will be conducted resulting in significant energy savings;
- Monitoring of GPP in municipalities with SEAPS;
- A steering committee which will in most countries also be the award jury will be set up in each country. Additionally an online-jury has the possibility to give input to the best projects for the EU GPP award. A national GPP award will be set up and the winners of these awards will compete in the European GPP award along with other projects.
- Grant agreement not yet signed.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Berliner Energieagentur GmbH