PRIME promotes a participatory approach by mobilising private capital from citizens and local stakeholders to investments in rational use of energy and/or renewable energy projects in public buildings. PRIME engages the users of a building to play their part in climate protection. The participating cities promote, facilitate and prepare the ground for sustainable PRIME energy projects. Some PRIME partners have the objective of implementing their projects during the course of this action. PRIME develops practical and adaptable models for reducing CO2 emissions from public buildings. The flexibility of the tools means that they can be used by towns and cities across Europe, thus avoiding the costs for developing strategies on their own. Moreover, the development of an easy-to-implement action package, including best practice examples and tried and tested approaches, will contribute to lowering the cost of implementing RES and RUE projects for municipalities
In this page:
- Creation of a tool set for the realisation of PRIME projects, including tools for pre-selection of public buildings, an economic tool for a preliminary analysis of energy and cost saving potentials and cost-benefit ratios, tools for cost assessment
- Pilot cities starting PRIME projects.
- Development of an action-package, including the standardised tools, fact-sheets about European experience and a charter for interested parties to affirm their willingness to follow the PRIME approach.
- Build up an interactive internet platform for the exchange of information and the discussion of ideas and initiatives.
- All existing PRIME-like projects are located in the German-speaking area.
- Most of the existing PRIME-like projects include a photovoltaic installation, because of its attractiveness for citizens.
- Participatory approaches in the energy sector and even Energy Performance Contracting are not well known in the whole EU.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Klima-Buendnis / Alianza del Clima e.V.||Germany|
|City of Graz||Austria|
|Bond Beter Leefmilieu Vlaanderen vzw||Belgium|
|Center for Energy Efficiency||Bulgaria|
|Wuppertal Institut für Klima, Umwelt und Energie GmbH||Germany|
|Energieberatung Prenzlauer Berg e. V.||Germany|
|Ministry for urban development Berlin, Germany||Germany|
|ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT - LOCAL DEVELOPMENT Ltd||Greece|
|SWS Group Ltd||Ireland|
|Alleanza per il Clima Italia onlus||Italy|
|Province of Bologna||Italy|
|Mestna obina Maribor||Slovenia|
Klima-Buendnis / Alianza del Clima e.V.
Frankfurt am MainGermany
Duration:01/02/2005 to 31/07/2007