The objective of the ODYSSEE-MURE 2012 project is to provide a comprehensive monitoring of energy consumption and efficiency trends, as well as of energy efficiency policy measures by sector across Europe. The originality of the project is to cover all sectors and end-uses with an homogeneous and harmonised approach and to provide an overall picture of the trends and measures by sector. This project will also be used to support the monitoring of national and EU targets related to energy efficiency. This project relies on two complementary internet databases which will be updated and enhanced during the action: - ODYSSEE database on energy efficiency /CO2-indicators with data on energy consumption trends, drivers for energy use and energy-related CO2-emissions. - MURE database on energy efficiency policy measures including their impact evaluation. In addition, specific analysis will be carried out while combining indicators and information on policies. The results of these studies will be made available on internet and as a synthetic printed brochure. The project will also develop specific support facilities to ease the analysis and exploitation of the ODYSSEE MURE data.
In this page:
- Update and enhancement of the ODYSEEE and MURE databases.
- Development of support "facilities" to help ODYSSEE MURE users analyse and make the most from the two databases. These facilities should also strengthen the project’s communication by providing results in an interactive and attractive way to decision makers and actors involved in energy efficiency.
- Evaluation and comparison of energy efficiency progress by sector for EU countries, Norway and Croatia and for the EU as a whole.
- Provide support information for the preparation and evaluation of the third NEEAPs (national energy efficiency action plans).
- Provide a monitoring approach for EU and national targets on energy efficiency that helps to understand developments to complement and support official monitoring systems.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie
0033 0 4 93 95 79 96
0033 1 47652355
0033 2 41 91 41 65
0033 14765 2450
Duration:01/04/2013 to 30/09/2015