This project aimed at providing a monitoring of energy efficiency and CO2 trends as well an evaluation of national energy efficiency policy measures and Community Directives. This analysis has been performed at the level of the EU-15 as a whole and on a country-by-country basis (including Norway). It relied on two complementary tools: the ODYSSEE database on energy efficiency / CO2 indicators and the MURE database that contains a description and evaluation of energy efficiency measures by country. All the project's data come from a network of 15 national teams generally belonging to national agencies in charge of energy efficiency.
In this page:
- Assessment and analysis of the energy efficiency improvement and CO2 abatement (energy related) at the EU and member state level from 1990 to 2005 through updated and harmonised indicators.
- Comparison of the relative energy efficiency performance of each member country through adjusted indicators (benchmark)
- Analysis and evaluation of the main national and European measures for the rational use of energy and for the promotion of renewable energy sources.
- Progress in the methodology of energy efficiency indicators and the evaluation of measures and packages of measures.
- Increase the legitimacy and use of indicators through a strong international visibility.
- Energy efficiency has improved at EU15 level of 1% over the period 2004-2005 and around 10% over the period 1990-2005. However large discrepancies do exist among countries.
- Energy efficiency Policy mix differs among countries due to national circumstances
- However there is a trend to develop market-oriented instruments and public private partnership even if classical schemes such as grants or regulations are still widely used.
Partners and coordinatorList Map
|Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie||France|
|Danish Energy Authority||Denmark|
|Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.||Germany|
|Centre for Renewable Energy Sources||Greece|
|Sustainable Energy Ireland||Ireland|
|ENEA, Ente per le Nuove Tecnologie, L'energia e l'Ambiente||Italy|
|Istituto di Studi per l'Integrazione dei Sistemi||Italy|
|Energy research Centre of the Netherlands||Netherlands|
|Institute for Energy Technology||Norway|
|Agência para a Energia||Portugal|
|Instituto para la Diversificación y Ahorro de la Energía||Spain|
|Swedish Energy Agency||Sweden|
Agence de l'Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l'Energie
0033 0 4 93 95 79 96
0033 1 47652355
0033 2 41 91 41 65
0033 14765 2450
Duration:01/01/2006 to 31/12/2006